Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beatles Meet Holden Village

At last night's coffee house/talent show, many talented performers regaled us with such entertaining acts as juggling parabola fans, a Debussy-playing trio, a chocolate-spilling M&Ms commercial, 3-part harmony holiday singing, and harmonious folk songs.
And then there were these Beatles-inspired songs, which I "sang," accompanied by Nate on guitar, and the fabulously talented Doug on piano. Apologies to John and Paul....

(To the tune of: YESTERDAY)

Yesterday
Holden Village seemed so far away
From the avalanche where we did play
Oh, we hiked out on yesterday

Suddenly, bonked my skull on ice and couldn’t see
There’s a haziness inside of me
Oh, watch the ice
Out there today!

Why I had to slip, I’m a dip
I couldn’t say
Had no Yaktrax on,
Now I long for snow today -aay-ay

(Hey, Jude)
Good food
They make it here
Take plain taters
and make ‘em better

Remember, to add some butter and cheese
Then it will please
us, ‘cause we like cheddar

Good food
is what we eat
Every day here
At Holden Village
The minute
you pick your fork up and taste
the smile on your face
will only get broader

(SHE LOVES YOU)

You think you love this place
Well there’s more to it, I say
It’d-be Luther’s hang-out place
If he were alive today-ay!

It’s Holden Village
And you know that can’t be bad
We’re in the Village
and you know you should be glad!

I love it, yeah, yeah, yeah
You love it, yeah, yeah, yeah
We love it, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

We love Bible and Brew
for study, snacks and beeeeer
Where else could me and you
Get that combo, but right here??

In Holden Village
And you know you’ll get to pray
With J-term students,
long-term staff and guests today!

There’s stoking hot Dante
Dishteam & garbo, too
We say good-bye and wave
‘til the bus is out of view

It’s Holden Village
where the crafts are everywhere
knitting and weaving
yes, you make the things you wear!

I love it yeah, yeah, yeah
you love it yeah, yeah, yeah
We love it yeah, yeah, yeah …

No comments: